Carrot, Potato & Fresh Herb Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Recipe By: Kylie Kwong
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 100g fresh black cloud ear fungus, torn into smaller pieces
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ½ bunch dill, leaves picked
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 6cm piece ginger (35g), diced
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- 50ml Spiral brown rice vinegar
- 50ml Spiral tamari
- ½ teaspoon Spiral organic sesame oil
- 50ml Spiral organic extra virgin olive oil
Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, cut potato into fine strips. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add potato strips and cook for 4 minutes. Strain, then refresh under cold running water, draining well. Place cooked potato strips in a large bowl. Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, cut carrot into fine strips then add to potato, along with the basil, mint, dill and coriander leaves.
To make the vinaigrette, use a mortar and pestle to pound the ginger and sugar to a paste. Using the pestle, stir in vinegar, tamari and sesame oil then slowly stir in olive oil.
Pour vinaigrette over salad, mix well then serve.