Chicken Yaki Udon
Recipe By: Norie Mori
- 160g Spiral Organic Udon noodles
- 100g Chicken thighs
- 1 Zucchini julienne 5cm lengths
- 1 stick Celery julienne 5cm lengths
- 1 Carrot julienne 5cm lengths
- 1-2 Cabbage leaves diced coarsely
- 1/4 Onion diced thinly
- 2 Spring Onions cut 4cm lengths
- 4 tbsp Spiral Tamari
- 1 tbsp Spiral Mirin
- 4 tbsp Spiral Japanese Sesame oil
- 1 Egg Scrambled (Optional)
- 1 sheet Spiral Yaki Nori – shredded
- Sesame Seeds – finely chopped
Cook Udon in a large pot as per instructions on pack.
Cut chicken into short strips. In a fry pan, heat half sesame oil, sauté the chicken until cooked through. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
Using the same pan reheat with remaining Sesame Oil, add the zucchini, celery, carrot, cabbage and onion to the pan stirring occasionally until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add the noodles, spring onion and chicken to the fry pan with the vegetables and season with Tamari and Mirin.
Arrange on plates, sprinkle a little extra sesame oil for flavour with shredded Nori and/or Sesame Seeds. Serve and enjoy!