Chilled Silken Tofu with Warrigal Greens
Recipe By: Hamish Ingham
- 1 x pack (325g) Bonsoy tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 2 tbps Spiral Organic Hulled Tahini
- 2 tbps Spiral Organic Tamari
- 2 tbps Spiral Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 3 tbps Spiral Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbps Spiral Organic Rice Syrup
- 1 tbps ginger, chopped finely
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ salted duck egg, hard boiled and roughly chopped
- ¼ preserved duck egg, hard boiled and roughly chopped
- 1 small hot chilli, chopped finely
- 2 tbps reserved mustard green, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful warrigal greens
- Spiral Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sichuan pepper, toasted and ground
Place chilled tofu in a serving bowl. To make the dressing, combine sesame paste, light soy, Chinese black vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, water and ginger and whisk to combine.
Pour sesame dressing over the chilled tofu, then sprinkle sesame seeds, salted duck egg, preserved duck egg, chilli, and mustard greens.
Blanch the warrigal greens in boiling water for 20 seconds then refresh in iced water, drain well. Season with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
Place the warrigal greens on top of the tofu and season with Sichuan pepper.