Korean Hot Pot Noodles with Pork & Prawn
Recipe By: Paul Wilson
- 500g kimchi relish, roughly chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2.5 litres of chicken stock
- 2 star anise
- 250g smoked pork belly, cubed
- 250g boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 peeled carrots, cubed
- 50g sliced dried Spiral Shiitake
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 100ml Spiral Shoyu Sauce
- 50g dried Spiral Wakame seaweed
- 2 bunches of spring onions, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 packet of silken tofu, cut into 8 pieces
- One packet of Spiral Organic Udon noodles
- Spiral Sesame oil
- Peeled prawn cutlets (2 per person)
- 50g shredded Spiral Nori
Cover ham hock and kimchi with chicken stock. Add star anise, and simmer for two hours gently or till the hock is very tender.
Once cool, pass the stock, retaining the kimchi & ham hock pieces, to garnish the soup.
Now combine the stock with the soup ingredients except the tofu, noodles and prawns. Simmer gently for one hour over a very low heat.
Then add the noodles and cook for four minutes, followed by the prawns, then a minute later the tofu. Add in the kimchi and ham hock pieces. Ladle into suitable bowls and serve garnished with shredded nori.