Beef Steak Slices with Soy Sauce Wasabi Dressing
Recipe By: Norie Mori
1 large, thick beef steak (Rump/New York cut)
Salt and pepper
Half bunch of chives, finely chopped
1 tomato, diced
1. Make sure the beef is room temperature. *Take it out from the fridge at least half an hour and season with salt and pepper before cooking it.
2. In a small bowl or jar, blend the dressing ingredients well. Set aside
3. Heat the frying pan and make sure it’s very hot. Spread a little oil and cook the beef on high heat for one side for 30 seconds-1 minute. Turn down to low heat and cook for about 3-4 more minutes depending on the thickness. Do the same for the other side.
4. Wrap with tin foil and leave for 15-20 minutes, heat goes into the steak gradually, leaving the centre of the steak pink in colour.
5. Thinly slice the steak (steak juice can be heated in a microwave and added to the dressing).
6. On the plate, place the beef slices, drizzle the dressing over the beef (or dip the beef in the sauce), drop the water diluted wasabi (extra) onto each slice, and garnish with chive. Place baby spinach leaf with tomato on the side of the beef.
*** Beef can be BBQ and covered with tin foil, let stand for 5-10 minutes