Miso Eggplant Buddha Bowl
Recipe By: Healthy Luxe
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tbsp Spiral Organic Tamari
1/2 tbsp Spiral Organic Hulled Tahini
Juice half lime
1 medium eggplant, chopped into cubes
150 grams mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
5 shallots, chopped
10 grams sesame seeds, toasted
20 grams fresh coriander, chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice
100 grams mixed salad greens
100 grams red cabbage, chopped
Snow pea sprouts, optional
1. Firstly, prepare marinade. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Coat eggplant in miso marinade, reserving approximately 1/4 of the marinade for the mushrooms. In a seperate bowl, coat mushrooms with remaining marinade and set aside.
3. Gently heat sesame oil in a heavy based pan. Sauté shallots for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add eggplant mix, stir in pan, cover and cook over a low heat, stirring regularly for 20 – 30 minutes (until very soft).
5. In a separate pan, add marinated mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. Mix toasted sesame seeds and coriander through eggplant and mushrooms.
7. Arrange rice, eggplant, mushrooms, salad greens and cabbage in a bowl.
8. Garnish with snow pea sprouts and serve whilst warm