Organic Brown Rice Amazake Apple Pancakes
Recipe By: Norie Mori
100g Casalare GF Yourself Raising Flour
Pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
40g Spiral Organic Brown Rice Amazake
3/4-1C Bonsoy Soy Milk, room temperature
1Tbsp Spiral Organic Sunflower Oil or melted Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 apple (granny smith or firm sour apple), cut into wedges, cored and sliced very thinly
1Tbsp Lemon juice
Butter or Vegan option, use Spiral Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1. Combine apple slices, lemon juice and 1Tbsp cinnamon sugar, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
3. Add beaten eggs, brown rice amazake, 1/4C soy milk, sunflower oil or melted coconut oil in the centre. Mix with the flour gently using whisk or spatula.
4. Gradually add the rest of soy milk and mix well to smooth. Let it stand at least for 1 hour. Add some extra soy milk to adjust the thickness of the batter just before baking.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan (18-20cm in diameter), spray or spread a little oil. When the pan is hot, remove it from the heat and ladle the batter, moving it to spread quickly into a 15cm diameter circle.
6. Cook with low heat until the edge of the pancake is cooked and lightly brown, flip it with spatula gently to cook the other side.
7. Once done, spread butter (for vegan option, use coconut oil), sprinkle extra cinnamon sugar and place the cinnamon sugar apples. Repeat it and make layers with the pancakes.
8. Pour over with Spiral Organic Maple Syrup or the berry sauce.