Peach Mirin Compote
Recipe By: Norie Mori
4 white peaches with deep pink skins, washed, skin on, halved and destoned
1Tbsp Spiral Kanten (Agar) Flakes
2C poached peach syrup
Vanilla ice cream or Coconut ice cream for a vegan option (see below)
Spiral Organic Balsamic Glaze to drizzle
cinnamon powder (optional)
Coconut ice cream for vegan option
1 can Spiral Organic Coconut Cream
1 Tbsp Spiral Organic Kuzu, diluted with 1Tbsp water
1/3C Spiral Organic Rice Syrup
1/4 – 1/6C raw sugar
1. In a pot or saucepan, gently heat all syrup ingredients and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, turn down and place peaches in the pot. Poach each side for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peaches into a bowl or container, peel off the skin and remove any remaining stones and pour the syrup over make sure to save about 2C syrup for the jelly. Let it cool and cover with a lid or cling wrap, and chill in the fridge for a few hours.
3. In the same pot, add the 2C syrup and sprinkle Kanten flakes, allow to soak for 10-15 minutes. Heat and stir until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a container. Let it cool and set it at room temperature before placing in the fridge to allow the jelly to set.
4. When serving, fluff syrup jelly with a fork, place it on the bowl or plate, followed by the peach compote, syrup, a scoop of ice cream on top, and drizzle balsamic glaze, sprinkle cinnamon powder (optional), and garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy!
Coconut Ice Cream (vegan option)
1. In a pot, add coconut cream, diluted Kuzu, rice syrup, raw sugar and heat. Stir well.
2. Transfer to a bowl and cool with icy water, continually whipping with an electric mixer until it thickens.
3. Freeze for half a day. Whip again as it starts to freeze and repeat this once more. Freeze overnight in the freezer. (Use ice cream machine if available)