Almond Milk Amazake Kuzu Mousse with Nectarine Sauce
Recipe By: Norie Mori
Nectarine Fruit Sauce
1 yellow or white nectarine, remove stone and cut in cubes
1Tbsp Spiral Organic Rice Syrup or Organic Agave Nectar
½ Tbsp Spiral Mirin
½ Tbsp lemon juice
Cinnamon sugar powder
Any seasonal fruit (such as mangos, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, nectarines, oranges, etc)
** Use heatproof rubber spatula
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, add nectarine, rice syrup or agave nectar, mirin and lemon juice, heat 1 minute until nectarine becomes softer and the juice changes to a red colour. Cool and set aside.
2. In a pot, add Organic Kuzu and 3-4Tbsp Bonsoy Almond Milk. Dissolve completely using rubber spatula.
3. Add the rest of the Almond Milk, with the Organic Brown Rice Amzake, mix well.
4. Heat and stir, reduce when it begins to thicken. Continue to heat and stir quickly while scraping off the edges of the pot. Continue stirring it until the texture is similar to that of glue.
5. Pour the mixture into wet cups or ramekins and allow them to cool and set in room temperature. Refrigerate. (Make sure to not to keep them too long as the kuzu powder starch will make the texture harden)
6. Place nectarine sauce, sprinkle cinnamon sugar and serve.