Salmon with Nanban Sauce
Recipe By: Norie Mori
? 1 skinless salmon fillet (300g), cut into bite size pieces
? ½ onion, thinly sliced
? ½ carrot, shredded
? ½ stalk celery, sliced very thinly in diagonal
? 2-3 spring onion green part, sliced thin diagonally
? ¼ capsicum, sliced thinly (optional)
? Spiral Organic Sunflower Oil
? Casalare Tempura Flour
? 6Tbsp Spiral Organic Sushi Vinegar
? 2Tbsp Spiral Organic Shoyu (or 2tbsp Spiral Salt Reduced Tamari)
? 2Tbsp Spiral Mirin
? 3Tbsp Spiral Organic Rice Syrup
? 1-2 fresh chili, chopped or 1-2tsp chili powder (optional)
? 1tsp Spiral Instant Dashi (Vegan/Bonito) diluted with ½C water (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix the Nanban sauce ingredients together. (Add diluted dashi for a milder taste if desired)
2. In a small pot, heat the Nanban sauce. Turn off the heat, add onion, carrot, celery and spring onion while it’s still hot. Refrigerate.
3. Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper and coat in flour
4. In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté salmon. Drain excess oil with a paper towel.
5. Place salmon on the serving plate and cover with Nanban sauce.