Strawberry Cupcakes with Balsamic Glaze
Recipe By: Norie Mori
60g raw sugar
60g Casalare Not So Plain Flour, shifted
a few dashes of vanilla mixed with 1Tbsp water
2Tbsp Spiral Organic Maple Syrup
1Tbsp marinated strawberry juice
1 pack (300g) strawberries, cut in quarters, marinated with 2Tbsp Spiral Organic Maple Syrup and 1Tbsp lemon juice
3-4 Tbsp Spiral Organic Balsamic Glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Line muffin pan with baking paper or prepare paper baking cups.
2. In a mixing bowl, add raw sugar and eggs and beat on the highest speed until it stiffens. Add vanilla with water, stir roughly.
3. Divide the flour into 3 and add separately. Using a rubber spatula, mixing from the bottom of the bowl each time. Then, mix well 5-6 times so that the form of the batter reduces, and the flour is completely mixed.
4. Add melted hot butter gently, alternating between mixing very gently and roughly. Do not mix too much.
5. Pour the batter mixture into separate baking cups.
6. Bake in the oven for about 9-10 minutes until the sponge rises and turns light brown.
7. Take the sponge cake out of the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Brush the syrup mixture onto the cupcake sponge.
Bonsoy Lemony Custard
1. In a milk pot, add KUZU and 3Tbsp Bonsoy ( from 1C), dilute KUZU completely, add the rest of Bonsoy, ( when KUZU is not well diluted, strain it), maple and heat, stirring with a spatula until it becomes thicker, Remove from the heat, cool and adjust the taste by adding lemon juice.
2. On each cupcake, place marinated strawberries, spoon Bonsoy lemony custard over it and drizzle balsamic glaze.