Buckwheat Noodles with Kuzu Sauce
Recipe By: Norie Mori
- 1/2 carrot, cut into 4 cm-length julienne pieces
- 100g bean sprouts
- 50g Spiral dried Shiitake mushroom, soaked in the water w/stems removed and thinly sliced (keep the soaked water)
- 100g snow peas, strings removed and cut into julienne pieces
- 2-3 spring onions, cut into 3-4cm lengths diagonally
- 200g Chicken breast, cut into strips
- 600g (2pks) Spiral Organic Soba
- 4 Tbsp Spiral Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 ltr Dashi soup stock
- 1 Cup Dried Shiitake mushroom soaked water
- 1 Cup Spiral Tamari or Shoyu soy sauce
- 1 Cup Spiral Mirin
- 100g Spiral Kuzu, crushed and disolved in 100g water
- Spiral wasabi powder to taste, mixed with hot water
Boil the Soba noodles till cooked through according to the direction of the package, drain, then rinse with cold water many times. Let drain and set aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a large pot and add (in this order) chicken, carrot, bean sprout, shiitake mushrooms and snow peas stiring till the chicken is cooked through. Add the dashi soup stock, shiitake soaked water, tamari or shoyu and mirin, stir through. Add spring onions, bring to the boil and reduce heat, gently add KUZU starch mixture into the pan stirring continually. Add the noodles gently to the pot, stir and take off the heat. Add some wasabi mixture to taste.
Serve and enjoy!