Mediterranean Sushi Salad
Recipe By: Norie Mori
3C raw sushi rice
½C Spiral Organic Sushi Vinegar
2Tbsp Spiral Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½C minced Aurelio Organic Mediterranean Olives
½C minced soft dried tomato
3Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1C green leaf vegetables such as watercress or rocket
100g smoked salmon
10 pieces soft dried tomato (or 5 fresh baby tomatoes, cut in half)
10 Aurelio Organic Mediterranean Olives
½ zucchini, cut into match size marinated with 1Tbsp dressing
¼ red onion, sliced very thinly
1. Wash the rice and rinse well repeatedly until the water clears. Dain and cook with 3.5 C water using a rice cooker.
2. Meanwhile, mix sushi vinegar and olive oil. When the rice is cooked, sprinkle vinegar mixture and mix softly and evenly, and let it cool down to body temperature.
3. Mix in the sesame seeds, minced olive and dried tomato.
4. When the rice has cooled down, transfer to a large plate.
5. Place lettuce or green leaves, prosciutto, smoked salmon, and scatter dried tomato, olives, red onion and marinated zucchini on top of the rice. Garnish with dill and chive. 6. Drizzle dressing over the sushi salad as you like when eating.