Miso San Choy Bau
Recipe By: Norie Mori
4-5Tbp Spiral Organic Sunflower Oil
¼kg pork mince
6-7 Spiral Organic Shiitake Mushrooms
180g canned bamboo shoots, drained and minced
50g spring onion (white part), finely chopped
2Tbsp fresh minced ginger
60g Spiral Organic Hatcho Miso
3Tbsp Spiral Tamari (Organic or Genuine) or Organic Shoyu
4-5Tbsp Spiral Organic Maple Syrup
3Tbsp Spiral Mirin
1-½ Tbsp Spiral Organic Kuzu, diluted with 1-½ Tbsp water
1 small iceberg lettuce for lettuce cups
4C cooked rice
chili (optional), sliced
1. Soak shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 15-20 mins until soft. Drain and mince.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan, and stir fry minced pork until brown. Add shiitake, bamboo shoots, spring onion and ginger. Stir fry.
4. Stir the sauce in and toss to make sure the vegetable mixture is seasoned well.
5. Serve cooked rice and Miso San Choy Bau in lettuce cups.